Saturday, May 7, 2011

Kawasaki, Japan

Good morning everyone,
It is now 8:28am here and a beautiful Sunday morning in Japan. My view from my hotel room is awesome in that I can see the whole city, the high rises, city life and some of the homes. My flight was long but not to bad because I was in a comfortable seat with lots of leg room, awwww just great! I literally watched like 6 movies and may have even caused my television to stop working, ha ha the flight attendants had to reset my screen. So once I arrived there were other athletes that traveled on the same flights, the meet people got us all together and they sent us on our way to the hotel. I am so thankful to have made this trip and it is always a pleasure to see the meet organizers and staff from the Japanese Athletic Federation. My heart goes out to all the families who were affected by the past earthquakes/tsunami, may they be able to rebuild, restore and start again. I continue to pray for all the lives lost and may you all do so also and remember to donate to the cause.
Yesterday I decided to walk around a little and I will attach a short video of what I saw. Japan has lots of people and the culture here is so great. After site seeing I then ate lunch and was able to do my pre-meet shake out. There are no English channels so i have not been able to watch tv. But I will admit their tv is interesting even if I don't know what they are saying haha. So my race today is at 2:45pm and I can't wait to run. Please wish me the best and I will check in with you all later.


Bye
Mrs.W

1 comment: