Sunday, May 15, 2011

"Volunteering and Spreading Good News"

Hey everyone,
I just wanted to update you all on what I do with my spare time when I am not training. I am a big advocate for children and I love to give my time with the help of Athletes For Hope at my local Children's Hospital located here in Cincinnati. It is always such a great feeling to know that you are able to brighten someone's day, get them to smile, or even experience meeting a gold medalist while they are enduring their stay at the hospital. I love to see the children's eyes light up when they realize how down to earth, humble and caring I am.

I always enjoy my visits to Children's, but this last visit allowed me to meet several kids who I enjoyed talking with, laughing with and letting them know that any dream is possible. I also got to see two individuals who I met several months ago when I first started at Children's and you know sometimes it is hard to remember everyone you meet but I did remember them. So a special shout out to Buzz and also my guitar hero dancing buddy, I wish you both the best and may things work out! So to you all out there find something you cherish and give back your time, may it be working with children, the homeless, elderly or even serving as a mentor, know that it is an awesome experience.

So again stay tuned to hear more of my volunteer opportunities and just in case you all didn't hear this past weekend it was a pleasure to be inducted into my second hall of fame, the Hamilton County Sports Hall Of Fame in Cincinnati. I am always grateful for such an honor and am pleased to see that others think so too. So thanks to all my supporters out there! These accolades continue to help in pushing me to my ultimate goal of London 2012. Thanks so let's hope for some more upcoming meets. I have attached a picture of the plaque I received and a day at Children's.



No comments:

Post a Comment