Saturday, May 15, 2010

PONCE

Greetings,
I hope you all are well and I am headed to Ponce, Puerto Rico. I have never been here before at this meet and I am happy to know that alot of my other American Teammates will be in attandance. These athletes include David Payne, Natasha Hastings, DeeDee Trotter, Debbie Dunn, Rose Richmond, David Oliver, Jeremy Wariner, Dominique Darden, and lots of others, so many to write down ha ha. But after arriving the drive to the hotel was about an hour and I was so tired from a long day of traveling. So when I got to the hotel I was Happy to Be there!!! The weather was about 90 degrees, sunny the first day and a chance of showers on the day I was to run. Boy was it hot so hot that I felt as if I lost 10 lbs sweating.

My knee was still not feeling that great and the next morning I awoke to try and do a shakeout and put kinesiolgy tape on my IT Band. I had saw my chiro before leaving and he adjusted me and my foot so I thought I would be in good shape. Well as I tried to ward up I still felt as if my knee had a hitch in it. Cycling through was very difficult to do and if I was having problems with it the day before the race, what would it feel like on race day? I told myself that I would be fine becaue I didn't want to start getting all worked up about it.

The hotel was on a golf resort and the beach was beautiful. I didn't do much site seeing but saw a little of Puerto Rico. The food was great and the beds were so comfortable. Race day I went through my ritual of eating breakfast, relaxing a bit since I didn't race until 8:15pm that night. I was nervous but also excited about getting onto the track. The women's 400 field was a good one and I am still proving that you can come back after a baby. The race was not my best and I ran 53.4 which was not a post baby pr so I was a little disappointed with that. Yes I wasn't 100 percent, I had a sinus infection as I flew to Puerto Rico so that could have taken some juice out of me. I talked to my agent after running and I told him that even though things didn't go well for me I still have to keep pushing forward.

So I couldn't do this without you all the fans, so keep up the good work, please check out my blog and website and be a supporter of Mary Wineberg.....talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment