Saturday, May 15, 2010

A hard week of training.....can I survive

Hey track and field fans,
Man I dislike when injuries hamper you, but I guess I have to keep pushing forward. Currently I had a rough week of practice where my side of my knee was just killing me. My IT Band is so tight and I have not been able to do any of my sprint workouts. Chris (coach) has tried to see if I can work through it but has noticed that if it is not quality then we need to try something else.

Man I was doing so well, making progress and now a little set back. Well I will just be praying about it because I have been through worse. He always makes a way and I have to realize that it takes time. Good things comes to those who wait.....
So a little update on Brooklyn, awwww she is getting so big and so pretty. She is so mobile now, even though it is only crawling she gets around. My mom is doing much better so thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers. Brooklyn loves to use my mom's walker and she gets around from room to room. She just pushes away and when she ends up into a wall starts to cry because she is upset that the walker won't go ha ha ha so hilarious. She is babbling away these days and says DA DA, DA DA but of course doesn't realize that she is saying Daddy. Chris is enjoying being a father and he is truly a great one. We love our Pika and she is 9 months old now. She is very strong, likes to laugh and play with my mom's dog Boxer, she doesn't like getting dressed, finally likes the water and baths but still is afraid of the vacuum cleaner.

I bet next time I blog she will be walking, we will see!!! My next meet is Ponce, Puerto Rico and I hope my knee will be better. I have been icing and had someone check it out. I have had this same problem in the other knee and I was able to manage that, let's see if the same things work. So please keep giving us best wishes and let's hope to see me do well in Ponce!!1

No comments:

Post a Comment