Monday, January 24, 2011


Hey everyone,
Oh my gosh thanks so much for the supportive emails, twitters and shout outs at the meet in NYC. It is amazing how things work out for the best. I had never been to this meet before and I was happy to have been given an opportunity. Races are always nice to go and compete in and especially when you have good competitors. So being back in the NYC was a great feeling,not only because I was born in Brooklyn but it is always nice to see the NY busy life. I like to people watch and see how they talk, move and operate. I also enjoyed the fact that you can ride the subway and there are deli shops/small stores on every single corner. You will never go hungry in the NYC ha ha.
Race day was a little different in that I rode the subway to get to the meet from my hotel in Times Square. So I had printed out my directions and just knew that I was going to be a pro at this.....ummmmm let's say that it didn't work out that way. I was suppose to catch the 1 all the way to the Armory and it would take about 25 minutes. Well I waited and waited at the train station for this Number 1 train and I started to notice that it wasn't coming...to my dismay this was the week for construction and my train had to be caught on the other side of the platform. So I stayed calm because I did not want to miss my race and there was still plenty of time for me to make it to the Armory.
I saw a guy who looked like he was a New Yorker and I kindly asked him to help me and he did. He explained what was going on with the construction and sure enough the next train to come was mine. I hopped on with relief and sighed as I sat for my train ride. I made it, I made it....I could know tell everyone that I successfully rode a NY train.
The armory was so packed with high schools and it really made the atmosphere so unbelievable. The whole set up was great and I was ready for my race to begin. Again my goal was to get out and execute my own race and put my self in position to do well. I did take second to my former USA teammate but it was a good race. I ended the day thinking man nice start to the indoor season but like always you can never be satisfied until the best comes out of you. So it is like a building block and I am excited for all of my upcoming meets. So stayed tuned and if you want to watch the race here is the link

http://ny.milesplit.com/articles/58146
you may have to download the silver light to watch....
So long!!!!!
Mrs. Wineberg


New Balance Games Results: Women 400 Meter Dash Elite
================================================================================
Name Year School Seed Finals Points
================================================================================
1 Hastings, Natasha Nike 52.29
2 Wineberg, Mary Unattached 52.61 3 Dorr, Wendy Brooks 53.71
4 Cross, Brandi Unattached 53.85
5 Kinchens,Tamika Unattached 56.56

No comments:

Post a Comment