Monday, January 31, 2011

Another Step Forward

Hey everyone,
It is a pleasure to check in with you all, especially to those who have been reading my blog and following all my results. Yes, thank you so much for all the support. So things have been looking pretty productive for me and I am excited about the rest of the season. I ran this weekend at the University of Kentucky and I had a lot of fun. This meet we wanted to focus on me just getting a work out in and I ran the 60 prelim/60 final and the 200. I know that I wanted to work on my speed so my goal was to do my best and I was partially satisfied. I know that I don't have the speed of an 60/100 meter runner but once I get going I get going......

I talked about having butterflies in my last blog before a race but you know the funny thing is that I did not have them on Saturday. Mostly because I wasn't running the 400 meters and instead running off events. I enjoyed the competition at UK and I was very close to my seasonal best times from 2008 in the events that I ran on Saturday. The UC Track Team was also at the meet so I felt at home and had many supporters. They did a great job and I just want to give them all a Shout Out!!!!
While at the meet I also had an opportunity to meet a very nice coach, who brought over two young ladies to meet me. I love meeting fans and it was a pleasure to meet them and take a picture with them. I hope to see our photo on facebook.....haha
But all in all the meet was another productive step towards my goal, I look forward to this week of practice and of course competing again. So please if you get a chance check out the New Balance Indoor Grand Prix meet which will be on ESPN on Saturday Feb 5th!!!! Check out www.usatf.org for more information.

See you all soon,
Mrs.W

No comments:

Post a Comment