Monday, December 6, 2010

So Amazing......

Hi everyone,
I hope you are all keeping warm and getting into the Christmas spirit. Here in Cincinnati as I am writing this, it is 19 degrees.......brurrrrrrr!!! I could not believe how the wind hit my face today and sent an immediate chill to my bones. But I guess that I can't complain too much because it is indeed December. Which brings me to inform you all that it is one of my favorite months of the year. Ohhh they are playing Christmas music on Warm 98 and I enjoy singing along on my drive into the UC campus. So I know you all want to know how things have been going..well....

So this past week of training was a little difficult for me. I sort of.......slightly uummm hurt myself. My left upper hamstring was very sore. I woke up one morning and could not get out of the bed........well I could but it felt as if I just got hit by a MACK truck. I knew that it wasn't too serious but figured I would having the Training Room where I train check it out for me. BTW.....big shout out to Bearcat Sports Medicine at the University of Cincinnati. I love you guys, you help keep me healthy and trust that I know my body.

So they checked me out, nothing big, they put me on a PT plan, stem, ice, and pool workouts. And guess what, not to worry I am no longer hurt and so happy that I listened to the best advice given to me by a coach I use to work with. He states, "Rest is a key factor, if you feel as if you can't go 100 percent and your body has a little nag, then rest it. What is more important is what you have planned for the upcoming months and not that day!!! I am happy to say though that I will continue to do my strengthening exercises and ice bath daily. These are the type of things that will definielty help me along my journey. So with that said, again all I can say is that I am blessed. that it wasn't more serious. I slowly started back into training today and will update you all next week on a random week off base training for me. Now that we are in December Coach/Hubby will be uping the intensity of our runs and man will those be some killer days.

Thanks again for checking me out and let me give you all a brief update on PIKA..aka Brooklyn. She is 16 months old, and has begun to do her own exercise routine. Trust me this is nothing Chris and I started her on, she was at the track with us one day....saw us warming up and came out to join us. This girl has it down, she runs in place, does straight leg kickouts, touches her toes, squats (ha ha and even makes the grunt noise coming up, and best of all stretches her hands high above her head at the end and claps with joy. Man she has accomplished a lot, the first time she did this we could not stop laughing....our baby.....what will she eventually grow up to be? She is a proud product of two athletes and she is already very agile and loves to play soccer with a small ball in our house. Man it is amazing what kids can do and espicially as you watch your own grow and grow and grow. I love her so much and she continues to make training for the 2012 Olympics a possibilty and a reminder that "Anything is Possible"

No comments:

Post a Comment