Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Getting ready for the New Year!!!


Hey everyone,
I hope your Christmas Holiday was enjoyable and again you got the opportunity to spend it with family and friends. My family had a great Christmas, we spent some of it in Orlando, Florida where we attended various amusement parks. It was Pika's first time going to Disney World and I can say that she had a blast. We meet Uncle Scott, traveled with the Wineberg/Gordon Family and really had a good time together. One fear that we had was how would Pika react to the characters at the amusement parks....ummmmm let's take a wild guess...she loved them right?......
No she actually didn't mind it too much except for getting to close to her and touching her. We attended the street dancing parade with a lot of the characters that stopped in front of Cinderalla's Castle and they had a Party in the Street. She liked to dance in my arms but oh no don't dare let one of those "things" come close to her. You could hear a loud shriek, followed along with her squeezing the daylights out of me. So we really helped her out by not allowing them to get to close after that, all in all it was a productive therapy session haha. We really did enjoy going to Epcot, Animal Kingdom and of course Downtown Disney. Before heading home I was able to connect with my cousin's the Oneal Family and Pika enjoyed seeing new faces. The highlight of the trip for both us was standing in line for 45 minutes and being number five in line to meet Princess Tiana. She was very pretty and Pika was not at all afraid of her. She realized that she wasn't in a huge costume except for her dress. I would highly recommend going to Disney for the Holiday's!!

So the juicy stuff now.....haha....many of you want to know did I work out and what did I do. Yes I indeed did workout and was happy to be in warmer weather. Whether it was driving into an unknown neighborhood or getting lost as we tried to find the ESPN Wide World of Sports "we did it" as Dora would say. Working out was definitely a priority and our family understood as we took off to train and they watched the Pika for us. I was able to do a 300 meter workout, some 150's also and yoga. The 300's were very good and they allowed me to see kind of where I am and what shape I may be in. The 150's were average, maybe because I had done so well on the 300's and my legs were worn maybe from too much walking around the parks. Chris was very proud of me for not using the excuse of...well I am on vacation. I would never use that because as you all know I Have Something to Prove!!!!!
Now that we are back in Cincy it is back to the regular routine and getting geared up for the indoor season. I can't wait until my first race which will be on the 15th of January. Talk to you all soon!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment