Monday, December 13, 2010

"Look in the Mirror, What do you see?"

So hello everyone,
How many of you wake up in the morning and as your brushing your teeth or washing your face look at yourself in the mirror? And no I don't mean that quick glance... but actually taking a moment to really see who is in the mirror! I ask this question because I have noticed that a lot of young girls have self esteem issues. They harp on all the negative things and when asked what is something positive about them...they often become speechless. Well I want to help end that now, so if you know of someone or may be slightly guilty of this.....always lift yourself up, be proud, and know that your a wonderful.
Just this morning I looked into the miror and said to myself, "Mary...you are a beautiful person on the inside and outside, you are a great mother, friend, daughter and mentor. I love my smile, my eyes and most of all I love being me! Don't worry I am not conceited about myself ha ha but just confident in who I am. And I want all my fans to be confident also, so promise me that at least once this week you will take a look at your self and be proud of the person in the mirror.

So last week of training was a little rough.....I went from being a fast Mary to being Mary whose legs were so full of lactic acid, and I could barely feel them move. So when ever you hear athletes talk about lactic acid in the legs, I promise you it is no joke. I actually told my husband/coach who coaches at the University of Cincinnati that I totally know what his athletes feel like. Imagine your legs are weighing 100 tons, shaking, and no matter what you do after each rep, you want to give up, but pride and determination keep pushing you forward. The tears even make an appearance but at the end of the day you thank yourself for getting the job done, and even if it wasn't a pretty sight. Wow...I can't wait to revisit those 300 meters again and to think hubby wants them faster, so urgghhhh more pain. That is why I love ice baths and then recovery days......
But hey everyone, thanks for continuing to read and of course follow me on twitter. Please let me know if there is something that you would like me to talk more about.
Until next time,
******Mrs. W

No comments:

Post a Comment