Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Belgium Meet

Hello!!!!

Well I am back from the small meet that was held in Belgium. The meet was fun and even though the weather and wind weren't the greatest it was fun. The meet was called International Antwerp Athletics Gala. The meet director did a great job of welcoming the athletes and the crowd was encouraging. The meet had a delay of an hour so I was all warmed up and ready to go to find out that the 400 was on a delay. So there were 4 girls in the race and I was given lane 3 out of a six lane track (they used 3, 4, 5, 6) The end result was 52.89 and I came in first and broke the stadium record. I wasn't excited about the time, but realized with the cold cold tempeature and windy conditions that it wasn't a bad race. I also decided to run the 200 but was in lane 6 and didn't really puch of the turn like I wanted to and felt very ackward throughout the whole race. Wheww glad that that was over, but you know I wasn't tired after the 200 so i definitely had more in the tank just didn't use it well.

So I rode the train from Belgium back to the Netherlands here in Sittard. Pretty interesting to watch how different and similiar Europeans are. I am always amazed at there accents and the different languages that I here. One amazing thing is that dogs are like himans here. They can ride the train, sit in a seat, go to the grocery store, airport, etc....they have like a free pass everywhere. So I have seen plenty of Yorkies, and all type of other dogs while staying here. I am now back at the base house and getting started on my laundry. The weather is very gloomy, and windy and chilly. I think summer is over her now.....fall time has arrived with the fall like temperature! So I guess I will wait to hear from my agent about the next meet and move!!!!


Talk to you later!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment