Wednesday, June 23, 2010

USA Nationals, Des Moines, Iowa


Hey everyone,
Thanks for all the support, prayers and good wishes. I made it!!! I am here in Iowa and focused on making my comeback in the women's 400 here at the National Meet for USATF. I am so proud to be here not only to give myself a chance to race but I have been through a lot. They say that trials and tribulations only make you stronger and in my case it has. I am no longer fearful, I am determined, pumped, ecstatic and truly blessed. It was a rough start to the season, but I was able to just trust in the Lord and I asked him to just get me here. Once I am here I can only put it in his hands and trust in my coach.

So let me update you all on my last competition: My coach and I decided that since I did not have a qualifying mark, I should run in a race qualifier meet in Indianapolis on the 18th of June. BTW shout out to Joanna Schultz for coming out and racing in the meet, good luck at Nationals in the 400 hurdles. The meet went ok, I ran 52.53 and got my qualifier!!! I had not ran in over 2 months, had a small injury and lost some training. I was satisfied with this mark for now but I know that I am pushing forth for my old times and below 50 point. begin competition tomorrow at 6:10pm. I have Coach Chris aka hubby and Brooklyn here with me and I know that they will be cheering very loud. Brooklyn is almost 11 months and has been walking for 3 weeks. She loves playing Peek-A-Boo, talks ALOT, loves to smile and get into everything!!!

All in all she is just like her momma, my lil trackster in training. So stay tuned to the meet on usatf.com and wish me well. So continue to be positive to all and try and make a difference in someone's life.

Bye
Mrs. Wineberg

No comments:

Post a Comment